Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Ring-a-ding, it's the New Year!!

     Well folks, here it is, 2013!  Sweet jebus, how did I get here?  It looks like the philosophy of one foot in front of the other serves well enough for getting through the days, but sometimes it's hard to see past that to the evolution of years.  So here I am, at the start of another year, and another chance to explore new realms between the covers of books.  As the widget on the side indicates, I have scaled back my goals this year, to allow for more flexibility.  In 2011, I had more free time, I guess, or maybe smaller books, so I was able to get through 50+ new books.  Last year, the goal of 50 books seemed possible again, yet by the fall it proved very difficult to achieve.  This year, I am going for 45 books, allowing room for other events in my life.  Who knows what will happen this year?  I'm trying to remain open to all possibilities.

     In turn, I would like to thank all of you that voted in my poll.  I know it was long, but I really appreciate the input.  Nine books, all so deeply tempting, and no way to choose between them!  Such a conundrum.  Now thanks to you, I have a list with which to start my year.  This puts me one-fifth of the way through my challenge.  Hopefully, I will be through February and into March before needing such assistance again. 

     Here, in the order you chose, is my beginning reading list for 2013:

First place- Trapped, by Kevin Hearne

Second place- Mark of Athena, by Rick Riordan

Third place- Ashes of Honor, by Seanan McGuire

Fourth place-  Elantris, by Brandon Sanderson

Fifth place- The Serpent's Shadow, by Rick Riordan

Sixth place- Daughter of Smoke and Bone, by Laini Taylor

Seventh place- Alloy of Law, Brandon Sanderson

Eighth place- Iced, by Karen Marie Moning

Ninth place- Shadow of Night, by Deborah Harkness


     Look for the first review in a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment